This notice is to provide you with your rights under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN). Under the federal E-SIGN Act and related state laws, with your consent, we can communicate with you electronically, deliver required information and documents electronically, deliver marketing and promotional information electronically (you can unsubscribe to these specifically), and can use electronic records and electronic signatures in connection with your transactions with us. Therefore, please review the terms and Consent Agreement prior to giving consent, and retain a copy of this Consent Agreement for your records.
If you do not want to communicate with us electronically, do not want to receive required information or documents electronically, do not want to receive Credit Union information or marketing materials electronically, or do not want to use electronic signatures in connections with your transactions with us, you should not agree to the terms of this Agreement.
The Credit Union has other means to provide services to you such as in person at our office or via regular mail.
Member Consent and Agreement
By placing your initial next to “I agree to Terms and Conditions presented electronically,” I consent and agree that:
• The Credit Union can communicate with me electronically.
• The Credit Union can provide disclosures required by law and other information about my legal rights and duties to me electronically.
• From time to time the Credit Union can send me information and marketing materials electronically (‘unsubscribe’ available).
• My electronic signature on agreements and documents has the same effect as if I signed them in ink.
• The Credit Union can make available to me in electronic format all agreements and disclosures, including, but not limited to:
1. Membership Application
2. Membership and Account Agreements
3. Truth in Savings and Funds Availability Disclosures
4. Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosures
5. eStatements Disclosures, if I opt to have this service
• If I decide to enroll for the eStatements service, the Credit Union will eliminate the delivery of paper statements.
• If I want a paper copy of the disclosures/eStatements, I can print or download the information for my records.
What I will need
I understand that in order to access, print and/or retain the electronic disclosures in connection with opening an account online I will need the following:
• A computer with an Internet connection
• A current web browser that includes 128-bit encryption. Minimum recommended browser standards are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari. The browser must have:
• Pop‐up blockers disabled, or disabled for our sites
• Adobe Acrobat Reader. to read disclosures and documents
• Sufficient storage space to save past disclosures and/or an installed printer to print them
• A valid and active email address.
Paper Documents Request, Consent Withdrawal, and Email Address Update
I understand that I have the right to request paper copies of the electronic disclosures, agreements, and/or eStatements by contacting the Credit Union:
1889 F Street, NW
Washington DC 20006
Also, I understand that I can update or change the email address I provided and/or withdraw my consent by contacting the Credit Union.
Finally, I also understand that any transactions that I perform on my accounts now and in the future using an electronic system (such as DocuSign, Meridian Link, Online and Mobile Banking, and Click →Pay) will automatically provide electronic receipts and I will not be able to obtain paper copies of them unless I choose to print them.
Agreement and Consent
I agree that when OAS FCU sends an electronic disclosure or communication, it has the same meaning and effect as if OAS FCU had provided a paper copy, whether or not I choose to view the disclosure, unless I had previously withdrawn my consent to receive disclosures electronically.
I also understand that if I decide to enroll to eStatements, they will be active on the first day of each month following my enrollment, that the Home Banking service will maintain up to 24 months in its memory, and that I may request a paper copy of your statement at any time; however I will be charged a fee. I also understand that, if I request to receive my statements on paper as stated on Point 3, my eStatements service will be cancelled.
By entering my name and email address, and by checking the “Terms and Conditions” box, I agree to these Terms and Conditions as well as their electronic delivery, and indicate that I have the hardware and software listed above to be able to receive and retain the described disclosures and documents electronically.
There will be no fees or consequences if you chose to decline to receive these disclosures and agreements electronically.
OTHER AGREEMENTS AND DISCLOSURES
• Substitute Checks
• Schedule of fees
• Truth in Savings